The Ajax Event Calendar WordPress plugin surpasses 31,000 downloads in just four months since its release. This easy-to-use visual community calendar allows authorized users to add, edit, move, copy, resize and delete entries into custom categories, and supports daily, weekly, monthly and yearly repeating events. Designed, developed and supported by Product Development Professional Eran Miller, this open source WordPress plugin is freely available for download.
- Translated into 21 languages including right-to-left languages
- Earned a 93.8% approval rating (from 100 users)
- Averaging roughly 225 daily downloads
- Listed as the most popular calendar plugin in August 2011
- Appeared numerous times in the Top WordPress Plugins – Rising Stars, a top 20 weekly list of new plugins with less than 100,000 downloads
- Achieved first-page ranking on the WordPress Repository Search with the keyword “calendar” keyword for Highest-Rated and Most Popular plugin
- Returns over 31,000 unique calendar instances in Google search results - among them #OccupyWallStreet and #OccupySD (San Diego) to organize political demonstrations
Plugin users engage the author via social media, forums, surveys, and feedback collected on a public issue tracker, to democratically prioritize the most-desired features.